DAY 0: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 DEPARTURE
Overnight flight from the US to Tel Aviv, arrival on Wednesday,.
DAY 1: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 Jerusalem (D)
Arrival in Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion Airport, pick-up from airport, transfer to Jerusalem. Check-in at Hotel Mamilla, Jerusalem. Talk by Avihai Tsabari, "Is there an Israeli cuisine?". Dinner at Ha'Tzot
DAY 2: Thursday, February 13, 2020 Jerusalem (B, Tasting Lunch, D)
Taste of Jerusalem tour of Old City; Church of the Holy Sepulcher, Tasting tour of Mahane Yehuda Market and shop for dinner on Friday night, Explore Ashkenazi food traditions & kugel with Chef and Food Historian, Shmil Holland. Dinner at Mahaneyehuda Restaurant.
DAY 3: Friday, February 14, 2020 Jerusalem B, D)
Tour Jewish Quarter, Kotel (Western Wall) & Western Wall tunnels. On to the charming artist's town of Ein Karem. Cook Friday night dinner with Chef Aliza in a private kitchen.
DAY 4: Saturday, February 15, 2020 Galilee (B, D)
Float in the Dead Sea. Meet food historian and expert food forager, Uri Mayer Chizik in the Jezreel Valley for a foraging experience. Cook lunch with wild plants. Tasting of Israeli wines at St. Urban Wine Bar in the Scots Hotel. Overnight Vered Hagalil.
DAY 5: Sunday, February 16, 2020 Galilee (B, L D)
Tour the Crusader town of Akko on the Mediterranean Coast. Lunch at Uri Buri Restaurant, specializing in imaginative local fish & seafood creations. Guided tour of the Akko Market with Chef Osama Dallal, an Akko native. Meet local fisherman. Cooking workshop at an Arab home in the Galilee. Overnight at Vered Hagalil.
DAY 6: Monday, February 17, 2020 Negev (B, L, D)
Begin the day by touring the mystical mountain town of Tzfat, center for Kabbalah and artists. Meet at Kabbalah Artist, lunch at Goats with the Wind Farm. Meet a local Tunisian for a cooking workshop. Drive to the Negev, check-in to Beresheet Hotel in MItzpe Ramon. Dinner at the hotel.
DAY 7: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 Negev (B, L, D)
Relax at your hotel with its dramatic location overlooking the Makhtesh Ramon (a type of crater). Meet Hadash Meir of Lasha Desert Bakery for a bread workshop. Lunch at the bakery. Tour the Makhtesh Ramon, unique in the the world. Outdoor dinner in a tent in the Makhtesh Ramon (warm clothes recommended).
DAY 8: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 Tel Aviv (B, L)
Visit Sde Boker, home of David Ben Gurion, Israel's first prime minister. Explore the fields at Shirat Hamidbar, organic medicinal herb farm in the desert. Prepare your own spiced oil. Drive to Tel Aviv, lunch at Azuz and check-in to Hotel Rothschild.
DAY 9: Thursday, February 20, 2020 Tel Aviv (B, L, D)
Explore Jaffa's Old City with artisans and craftspeople and its Flea Market, taste some of Israel's best-known hummus, lunch at an Ethiopian Restaurant and learn about Ethiopian Jews in Israel. Sample Yemenite food at a local restaurant, tasting tour with sweets at Lewinsky Market. Street Art Tour with Shirel Horowitz, local multi-disciplinary artist in the Florentine neighborhood of Tel Aviv. Meet Adeena Sussman, influential food writer & critic. Dinner hopping between street food restaurants.
DAY 10: Friday, February 21, 2020 Tel Aviv (B, L, D)
Walk Rothschild Boulevard and Tel Aviv coffee culture. Lunch at Ouzeria in Lewinsky Market, meet Chef Aviviet Priel Avichai. Explore Carmel Market
and Art & Craft Market nearby. Enjoy an authentic dining experience at the home of Vered Tsabari to savor an Israeli Friday night dinner.
DAY 11: Saturday, February 22, 2020 Jerusalem (B, D)
Travel to the Jerusalem Hills, visit family-owned boutique winery. Farewell dinner at Majda Restaurant with its imaginative, tradition-based cuisine. Bid farewell to Israel until next time and transfer to Ben Gurion Airport for flights home (or continue on for trip extension to Petra).
- Dinners at Ha'Tzot (Jerusalem), Machaneyehuda (Jerusalem), Majda (Jerusalem Hills),
- Lunches at Ouzeria (Tel Aviv), Ethiopian restaurant, Azuz (Tel Aviv), Uri Buri (Acco)
- Tasting tour of Mahane Yehuda Market (Jerusalem)
- Tasting Tour of Jerusalem Old City
- Ashkenazi Kugel workshop with Shmil Holland
- Arab cooking workshop with an Arab family in the Galilee
- Cooking dinner with Chef Aliza Green & the group
- Family Friday night dinner at an Israeli home
- Tour Akko Market with Palestinian Chef Osama Dallal
- Foraging workshop with Uri Mayer Chizik
- Wine tastings
- Arab, Moroccan, Ethiopian, Yemenite, Tunisian, Ashkenazi, Greek food experiences
- Herb farm & goat farm visits with tastings
Other Services Include
- Chef Aliza as your tour leader and culinary expert
- 10 nights hotel accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotel, sharing a double room
- All cultural visits and entrance fees mentioned in itinerary with tour escort and/or local guide
- Minibus with local driver according to the program with WIFI
- English speaking local tour escort throughout
- Group is limited to 14 participants maximum