DAY 1: Friday, October 16, 2020 DEPARTURE
Though airfare is not included, Celestial Voyagers can help book your ticket to Palermo.
DAY 2: Saturday, October 17, 2020, PALERMO (L, D)
Assistance and transfer to Hotel Porta Felice (3 nights). Welcome dinner at local restaurant.
DAY 3: Sunday, October 18 2020, PALERMO (B, L)
Tour Capo Market in the morning. Learn about typical local products. Enjoy arancini and panelle. After lunch, guided walking tour of Palermo.
DAY 4: Monday, October 19, 2020, PALERMO (B, D)
Monreale: guided tour of the Cathedral and the Cloister. Learn about Pane Nero di Monreale. Afternoon Sicilian Pastry Class at Mama Corleone: experience Frutta Martorana (marzipan fruits), Sicilian Cannoli and Sicilian Cassata Cake. Dinner.
DAY 5: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, MARSALA, (B, L)
In Trapani, cooking demo of Sicilian-style couscous, accompanied by Trapani wine. Then, visit the Marsala salt pans and take part in the rite of Italian Aperitivo served with olives and "bruschetta". Check-in at Hotel Carmine for 2 nights.
DAY 6: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, MARSALA, (B, L)
Wine tasting tour at the historical cellars of Marsala. Lunch of traditional Sicilian dishes followed by a guided city tour of Marsala, including the Roman Baths.
DAY 7: Thursday, October 22, 2020, AGRITURISMO KALLIKOROS (B, L)
Agrigento: visit the ancient Valley of the Temples. Ricotta cheese demonstration at a local farm, how it is made and used for cannoli and cassata. Lunch at the farm and Free time. Check-in at Agriturismo Kallikoros Spa & Resort for 3 nights (30 miles from Syracuse).
DAY 8: Friday, October 23, 2020, AGRITURISMO KALLIKOROS, (B, D)
Scicli: guided walking tour. Visit an herb farm. Then, then go to Modica for a demonstration of Modicano chocolate made as the Spaniards learnt from the Aztecs. Dinner.
DAY 9: Saturday, October 24, 2020, AGRITURISMO KALLIKOROS, (B, D)
Syracuse and Ortigia. A cooking class of traditional cuisine begins at the market to select fresh seasonal Sicilian products. After lunch, free time to stroll through the small island of Ortigia.
DAY 10: Sunday, October 25, 2020, TAORMINA AREA, (B, L)
Taormina: guided walking tour including the Greek Theatre. Pizza cooking class: you’ll make your own pizza dough. Pizza lunch with local appetizers, granita and brioche. Proceed to your hotel in the Taormina Etna area. Check-in for 3 nights at Donna Carmela or similar property.
DAY 11: Monday, October 26, 2020, TAORMINA AREA, (B, L)
Guided walk around the craters of Mt. Etna. Afterwards, visit a local winery, enjoy lunch under the trees, view a family-run beekeeping business and its honey lab. Taste honey, wines, extra-virgin olive oils and other typical Etna products.
DAY 12: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, TAORMINA AREA, (B, L, D)
Catania: tour the Fish Market, visit the city center. Enjoy a lunch of market food with fresh fish. Free time in Catania city center. Back to your hotel. Farewell gala dinner.
DAY 12: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, RETURN (B)
Transfer to the airport which is about 1 hour’s drive, Departure for home.
Group transfer is included. Individual transfers would be additional.
- Breakfast daily
- 4 Dinners including welcome and farewell gala dinner
- 7 Lunches at local restaurants or with cooking class
- Street food in Palermo’s historical market with Sicilian soft drink included
- Bakery Monreale tasting
- Pastry class in Palermo of Sicilian cassata and frutta martorana
- Wine tastings and lunch in Marsala area, Florio winery
- Couscous cooking demonstration and lunch
- Italian aperitivo in Marsala
- Ricotta cheese demo & lunch in local farm
- Herb farm tour and tasting
- Modica chocolate demonstration
- Market tour, private cooking class and lunch in Syracuse
- Taormina pizza cooking class and granita tasting
- Etna wine tour and lunch
- Catania fish street food in Ancient Market
- Farewell dinner
Other Services Include
- Chef Aliza as your tour leader and culinary expert
- 11 nights hotel accommodation, sharing a double room, as shown in the itinerary
- Entrance fees: Cathedral in Palermo and Monreale, Cloister, Greek Theatre in Taormina
Valley of Temples in Agrigento
- Minibus with local speaking driver according to the program
- English speaking tour escort throughout
- Group is limited to 16 participants maximum
Want More Information?
For questions and a complete itinerary, visit my contact page or send an email to email@example.com
To register, please click on this link: Registration for Aliza Green's Sicilian Treasures Culinary & Cultural Tour